Friday 15th May 2020
As we continue to review the current situation and follow Government guidelines, ALL church gatherings and small groups at The Worship Centre remain cancelled until further notice. This will be continually reviewed as we go and we will keep you informed accordingly.
North Plymouth Foodbank had a short break, but has now resumed serving our community, implementing a number of safety measures to keep our volunteers and the public safe as we follow guidance laid out by The Trussell Trust. Throughout this time we have been blessed with numerous donations of food and money as well as help from the community coming together to serve.
While we are unable to meet in person we are encouraging you to connect with our Facebook page where we can continue to communicate with each other. Each Sunday we are posting short video messages from our leadership team and on Tuesdays, where we would usually have our prayer meeting, we will post a video to guide us in our prayer life. We are also continually researching new ways to connect everyone together and will update you accordingly.
For those who do not have Facebook, we will also be posting regularly to our church website, so be sure to check our blog.
Although we do not have an online church service ourselves, there is an abundance of amazing churches, worship and teaching available online. We have links to some of these live-streams from churches who we think you may enjoy on our website.
For those of you who are able to, and would like to help support those in need during this time please speak with Wendy. This may involve cooking a meal or baking a cake, running errands or picking up supplies, or simply a friendly phone call.
Although we cannot gather together, we continue to be the church.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid – John 14v27 (NKJV)
In times of trouble we turn to Jesus, the author and finisher of our FAITH. He knows that fear paralyses and hinders our ability to respond effectively to life challenges, therefore all our decisions and plans have been made in His peace.
The Lord bless you and keep youNumbers 6 vs 24-26
The Lord make His face to shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord lift His countenance upon you
And give you peace.
Now is the time to pull together, work together and pray together.
What we expect from the congregation
- To protect yourselves and others from COVID-19 by following the hygiene guidance issued by Public Health England
- To work together to protect the most vulnerable
- If unwell with the symptoms of Coronavirus, to self isolate in order to protect yourselves and others
- To advise a leader if you are unwell
What to expect from the leaders
- We will be responsible in our preparations and forward thinking
- We aim to manage expectations and minimise people’s anxieties
- We will regularly review Government guidelines, and where required, action will be taken to minimise risk in order to protect ourselves and others
- We will ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the premises
- During this period of time, we will no longer offer communion as part of the Church service
- If our meetings together have to stop for a season, we will communicate with you to ensure that everyone knows the plan
- We will endeavour to stay connected with each of you
- We don’t walk in fear, but we do walk in wisdom to help and support one another
- We are asking for divine intervention and that the virus will end
- We ask that our country and it’s citizens be protected, and for wisdom in our nations decision making
- We respond in faith and not in fear because we know that prayer changes things.